Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm RICH !

 I saw this ad on the local Craigslist today. No picture, mind you.

antique Singer sewing machine complete with bench and drawers - $1000 (East Greenbush)

 late 1800 model Singer sewing machine very clean original patina have seen similar machines go for 3 to 4000 at auction contact Dave at ******* area code ***serious inquiries only please 

 

I showed the ad to Steve.

 "Holy S***, honey!  You are a bleeping millionaire !  Quit your job now!"

 Right.

 

2 comments:

  1. once in awhile I actually email them and break their bubble I am sure they eventually figure it out when no one shows up to buy it

    We had that problem in the family when grandma passed away. I wanted her treadle but her son thought it was worth tons of money. (just because it is old doesn't make it worth a lot of money) Finally, when he understood I bought another treadle for $40, and that there wasn't money to be made in treadles, he gave me the machine. I wanted it as I was very close my husbands grandma and our immediate family is the only ones that sew. My girls were delighted to have the treadle!

    ReplyDelete