I had so much fun making the apron for Joann on Thursday that I started another for my daughter-in-law. I used the same pattern (an apron I had) but this time I lined it . I made a bias tube so that I could make a binding all the way around . But I was having stitch problems and had to give up before it was finished. This was my Sewing on Sundays project at Betsy's.
Betsy made a wallet. She used the one I had made a few weeks ago as a prototype but modified hers by using bias tape around the whole thing before she sewed it up. She also has those lovely fancy labels.
Now for the not so good news. I can remove the splint from the left hand occasionally now. Sort of like weaning.... The fracture is not completely healed so I cannot be totally released from the splint. The thing about fractures is that if they don't hurt, they are healing. I am not yet ready to go back to work, so that means that I really cannot wrench on machines. If I sew without the splint on, I must stop if it hurts.
That means that I won't be doing much blogging about fixing machines, unless I can do it with the splint on. Now there's a thought. I will get a big old sock and cover the splint and see if I can work on a machine, or two. That might cheer me up a bit. My left thumb is a bit stiff, it needs some exercise.