Steven made me a cool little pushing tool and I got the hang of it after about the fifth board. I doubt I will ever run the table saw on my own. But I might rip some stock if Steven were right there in the shop with me.
I figured out a better way to build the bases so that I don't have to chisel out wood for the hinge screws. I hated that job.
All in all I am getting more efficient. I have no fears using the chop saw and I am adept with the electric drill. I love Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Glue. It cleans up nicely and sets up quickly. I glue the pieces together, then clamp them in place while I drill pilot holes for the screws. I had this niftly little drill that drilled the pilot hole and the counter sink all at once, but it broke when I knocked the drill off of the work bench. I managed with a simple drill bit. The boards are pine and with some persuasion from the Phillips head drill bit in the drill, the screw heads are flush with the wood.
Three bases for three Kenmores; a 158.1358 and two 158.1803s. The 158.1813 already has one.
I think I may be doing some painting tomorrow....