I did re-assemble the treadle today. It is pouring rain outside and the dogs and I are nestled in on the couch, so you will forgive me if I don't go out to the shop to take the pictures I should have taken earlier. WHAT WAS I THINKING?
I did however, take a couple of pics of the pitman rod. I finally was able to get it back together. It took me a while to get the holes lined up just right in the adjustment bracket.
Here are the pieces
I was pretty terrified that I would break this wooden pitman. Didn't. I do have to adjust the cone bearings for the pedal. I thought that merely replacing the cone bearings as they were would suffice. But the pedal will not treadle if I tighten the bearings to their original position. I loosen the bearings and I cannot secure them in place because the nuts will not free up. The bearings and their nuts are in a PB Blaster bath. On Wednesday I will assemble the whole thing. Steve needs his shop back.