It has been a while since I named a sewing machine. I did at the beginning of this insanity but then lost track of machines and names and and and.
Today, as I finished up with this 201-2, the one with the broken motor lead I had re-soldered last week, I muttered to myself "Back from the dead."
Here you can see a better shot of the SL Plate. My friend Rain suggested on his blog (http://vssmb.blogspot.com/) that to restore the paint on the numbers you could put some gold paint over them and gently rub off the excess . It worked pretty well. I could make several applications and achieve better results. I was hungry and decided to eat lunch instead.