Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wilson

I know, I know I should just have left that huge lipoma alone.  But I was worried.  The vet had done a FNA (fine needle aspiration) and reassured me that it was a fatty benign tumor.  But it was getting bigger and I did not like it.  So now, instead of a lump, Wilson has about 15 or 16 stitches along an eight inch incision.

He is a licker.  While the position of this wound is not easily accessible he was managing to get his tongue around his leg and onto the incision.  Hence the collar.  I live about 15 miles from the vet.  I did not want to trek back out there yesterday.  I had a treadle wheel to clean up.  So I found this cervical collar in my closet.  It works.  He is wearing it now and has worn it all day and all last night.  When I take it off, he tries to lick again.

I don't think its as terrible as the other cone collars that you see some dogs wearing.   He just looks like he has whip lash.

And speaking of a treadle wheel, here it is before:
Stay tuned....Tomorrow the reveal.....what it looks like now.


3 comments:

  1. He looks rather trendy... Soon all the neighborhood dogs will be sporting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby. I hope he is all better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stitches are out and he is fine. Still has a bit of a seroma under the wound but honestly it is fine....

      Delete