Sunday, August 28, 2011

Don't blame the Bordeaux

 Hurricane Irene came ashore on Coney Island (160 miles south east of here) this morning around 6 AM, I am told.  We have yet to lose power.   I have Steve's "fire monitor" pager on and there are flooded roads and basements and downed trees, power and phone lines all around.  As of now, (6 PM Sunday) the wind has subsided and the rain has slowed to a drizzle.  Maybe I dodged this bullet.

I spent much of the day in the shop.   Lucky me.  In the time it took the Westford fire monitors to respond to the report of a flooded road on County Rte 36 and close that portion of the road, I re-wired this light.   Clever girl.  I was so pleased when I had it all done.  I had taken pictures as I dismantled it to be sure it went back together the way it came apart.   I guess next time I will look at the pictures.  Luckily I hadn't soldered anything. 

It makes me laugh.  But that's the point of this hobby; JOY.



No comments:

Post a Comment