Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bernina 2000DCE Serger, continued

Mom
Mom taught me to sew about 50 years ago, we figure.  This vacation she taught me how to use her Bernina Serger.  I think it was easier for her to teach me how to sew in 1961 than it was for her to teach me to serge in 2011.  I was a better student fifty years ago.  I mean, when I was  eight, my mother knew EVERYTHING....and she was the most beautiful woman in the world.  She still is the most beautiful woman in the world.  I just adore her.

When I sew, I live in fear of thread nests.  When one uses a serger, there are no thread nests.     I had a hard time with that concept, until I practiced with the Bernina for a bit.  Now I get it.
Tension issues. 

Tension issues fixed

Reminders from Mom.  Something about setting the differential feed when making a jersey knit turtle neck T

I love the fact that it is my mother who teaches me how to use these machines. How many 92 year old women do you know who can teach her 58 year old daughter ANYHTING?   Mom  loves to sew, but can't anymore because of the arthritis in her fingers.  She won't give up her Viking I, though, which means that she still means to use it, despite the arthritis.  She won't use the serger anymore, she is certain.  I now have it all packed and ready for the trip north tomorrow.  I also have two huge bags of thread.......wonder what I will do with that?

2 comments: