Saturday, November 5, 2011

This one is for you, Rain.

Singer 206 K with replaced needle bar position regulator.
I have no idea if that is the right name for the part I replaced on the 206K.  I bought this machine this summer.  I had worked all day, it was hot, I was tired, I did not even see that the big knob in the middle of the arm at the top of the pillar had a very important piece broken out of it.  I decided to part out the machine and even sold the bite screw.  Rain (http://vssmb.blogspot.com/) questioned that wisdom very gently.  "Are you sure it can't be fixed?" and I found the part on eBay (only bidder and I WAS not going higher) and today I took the old part out and put the new part in. 

Ray saw me handling the new part.  He came over and helped me find the two set screws that hold the part in and it was easy peasy to get it out.  Not so easy peasy to get it back in.  I will save that whole adventure for a post dedicated to rejuvenating this sad 206K.  Probably if "somebody" had not tried to fix it before she knew was she was doing this job would be so much easier.    

"Somebody" is home and very tired.  The canines were so happy to see me.  Steve was pretty happy too.  

2 comments:

  1. Tap, tap, tap...'There's no place like home, there's no place like home.....'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just saw this post! (Have been neglecting the SM hobby as of late as I've been dealing with work/financial pressures.) Good for you for bringing this one back to life! As I'm sure you know the 206s are few and far between up here, and I'm sure you'll be thrilled when the job is done and you've got a working one.

    - Rain

    ReplyDelete