Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stradivaro Cabinet Before and After

Before


After

Frannie approves

As do the boys, Wilson and Wrigley.


I am pleased with the results.  the photos don't do it justice, though.  Nor does the setting.
I was not going to get into this level of refinishing at first.  Then, one thing led to another and I had the hardware off and just kept sanding.  I paid five bucks for this cabinet with the machine.  I gave the machine away....I almost made her take the cabinet...  I am glad I didn't .

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful transformation! How did you refinish the cabinet? I've used the Fenman's Elixir for refinishing cabinets, and it's a really good formula: equal parts mineral spirits, boiled linseed oil, and vinegar, if memory serves. For the daring, one might add 1/2 part of denatured alcohol, but that requires very rapid application and removal.

    ReplyDelete