Monday, November 28, 2011

Do I dare????

I dis-assembled a 201 motor yesterday.  This is bad.......  The lead wires are bare of insulation but they are not broken at the connection to the core.  If the wrapping around the core is good, I  will solder new leads on and re-insulate with shrink wrap.  Don't hold your breath (Dear Friend, "A" in the 'burgh)  this will be an ongoing project and I will be taking my time  .  I need to get really, really proficient at soldering. 
The armature looks good, however.  The commutator will clean up nicely.  (My fingers are another story....)  Please, those of you who would, don't fret about the position of the worm gear.  I just put it there to keep it safe last night.  I will place it properly when I get back to the shop on Wednesday. 



2 comments:

  1. I have total and complete confidence in you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DreinPA aka "A" in the 'burghNovember 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM

    I suppose when one has that many machines, the best way to learn is by trying.Once its broken how much more can you break it?
    Boy has someone crapped that up with grease.
    And your fingers will clean up with an old toothbrush and Windex, followed by some plain old Vaseline lotion. But I'm sure you already knew that.

    ReplyDelete