Wednesday, June 6, 2012

White Rotary treadle

Remember that shuttle race I showed a few posts back?
http://mysewingmachineobsession.blogspot.com/2012/05/another-reason-why-it-wouldnt-stitch.html

I just found a photo (from a different angle)  of it from way back when.
 This is what the machine looked like the day I took that photo.
This will never be a beauty.  BUT I have managed to get it moving.  The needle does go up and down.  It amazes me.  I bet it will stitch.

This is the project I turn to when I have had enough of electrical sleuthing (like trying to find the cause of a tingle on a 401) and when I have had a glass of wine after work on an empty stomach.  This clean up is tedious but does not require full faculties.  Just patience.

Its coming along and soon I will have a photo of what the machine looks like now. 


2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I've got a White Rotary that looks way worse than that. I can't even make myself go out and scrap it for parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many mice were born under that machine.

    ReplyDelete