Monday, February 18, 2013

Lousy iPhone Photo

I admit it.  I was in a hurry.  Mom and I had gone out to run some errands on Saturday.  It was cold and there was snow in the air.  We were both hungry.  I wanted to get Mom back before she got too tired.  I snapped these photos with my phone quickly before I put her car back in the garage.  The 201K is still there, in the trunk. When I return in two weeks I will fetch it and bring it home.  I would love to tinker with it while I am there but I think I will be quite busy.  Just the same, maybe I will take along a tool kit.

I was fairly certain that I was chasing down a 201K.  Just the same, I had a dream Thursday night that it was really a 66 and I had to buy it anyway because I told the seller to save it for me. 

And look ! It is a Centennial!
The machine is not great cosmetically.  I don't really care.  I have my 201K and now all that's left on the wish list is a Bernina.  I am sure I can get one, for a price.  But what fun would that be?


4 comments:

  1. ...and which particular Bernina would that be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. I guess I will know when I see it. Not an electronic model, though. Maybe an 830?

      Delete
  2. Is there any difference between a machine made in 1951 (centennial year) and those made in other years - other than it has a centennial medallion on it? Do all Singer machines made in 1951 have extra value because of the medallion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was marketing hype. I don't know if there is added value because of the centennial medallion. Some folks want centennials.

      No difference, though, all 201-2s are the same. As are all 201-3s I guess.

      Delete