I know that yesterday I promised that I would describe how I finished the nine patch quilt rows with the borders and the sashing. I did not finish that project. Betsy came over and we decided to go with an Irish chain. My camera was out of juice so no photos. But we did build a design wall (she built it I supervised). I sewed and sewed. I got the featherweight out to piece the strips and squares for the Irish chain project. I love that machine. It does make a very nice straight stitch. I used the piecing foot I bought from Delores Pickens (see my blog list) and I want to get more. I have used a quarter inch foot on my viking with some success. But I have NEVER sewn such straight seams in my life. Now I totally understand the appeal of the featherweight and I know it was worth every penny I paid for it.
I think that we are going to go with teaching a nine patch square with corresponding setting squares to create an Irish chain. We will have our learners make a tote bag. This way they can quilt it on the machine if they would like. It may be an ambitious project, but what the heck. it will be fun.
Oh and I may be out of the dry spell. I hope to go fetch a lovely Singer tomorrow after work. We shall see if no one else grabs it before I do.