Monday, January 23, 2012

SCORE!

Jonathan advised me that this was on eBay.  I was the only bidder.  I now have a manual for that black Japanese zig zag machine. 

Manuals, next to the needle, are the most important"accessory" of a sewing machine.  For those of us who know the basic operation, a manual can be verification of what we know.  But it is still important to complete the package, I think.  I am ever so grateful to Jonathan.  He did me a great favor.  I don't know how he found it, but I am so glad he did.  Bravo!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely machine Elizabeth. I always make it a point now to scan my manuals. I can then save them if I pass on a machine or post to group files for others in need.
    Hope you are recovered from your alluded to illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in the right place at the right time...lol
    I'm so happy you won the auction!
    Is there a copyright date on the inside front cover of the manual?

    It's a very smart looking machine. The paint looks fantastic!
    I bet it's strong & sews a nice stitch.
    HIgh shank presser foot?

    Are you going to name this one "Magic" or "Black Magic"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having the original manual for my machines also.
    I used to go to flea markets all the time but I NEVER found sewing machine manuals.
    When I find them on eBay (if they're reasonably priced) I usually buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up this exact same machine at an estate sale (love at first sight - mine is called "American Beauty") and am having a tough time figuring out the tension assembly. The machine itself is in perfect condition, but the tension assembly, specifically the check spring is just not sitting correctly. Would you possibly be able to share a closer picture of your tension assembly? It's so different from my other machines and I'm stumped - any help would be greatly appreciated! Just discovering your blog and looking forward to learning so much!

    ReplyDelete