I finished a scrap DNP quilt top this weekend. I need to sew on borders and then it will be ready to quilt.
Poor lighting clouds this photo. Here it is before I sewed it all together. I had a time figuring out the pattern. I think it will be ok with a border and after it is quilted. Clearly I had NO PLAN. I merely wanted to use up some fabric. I accomplished that.
Steven looked at the design wall. He scrutinized and squinted and said:
"Your eye does try to find a pattern, doesn't it?" I agreed. That's the problem with using so many different fabrics with no real intent. We will see how it "quilts out."
Once I finally finished stitching all of these blocks together to create the quilt top, I set it aside. I was anxious to fuss with the OBW I started this summer.
I bought the fabric on line and discovered that what I thought was a 24 inch repeat was more like a 12 inch repeat. I used the fabric anyway. It was for a class at the Zoo. OBWs require a lot of cutting. It is a bit tedious. The result should be more like a Kaleidoscope. Because of the short repeat, I think mine was less "artistic." Still, I persevered. I grouped the hexagons by dominant color and set to work. ( All of these hexagons fit into one, small plastic storage box. There they sat for months. Until yesterday. )
I started with the whitest blocks and worked outward. More tweaking, but I think I almost have the design. Just in time for Christmas.
(Sorry that the photo is so small. I lifted it from their website. )