Thursday, April 12, 2012

INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH !!!! Sews through 12 layers

But not very well.  Actually the problem was that when I went over the "hump" the machine couldn't stitch because the presser foot was hung up on the hump.  I need to get one of those "hump jumpers"  folks use on jeans.

Still it did sew through this canvas.  I would not want to do it all day long every day.  The machine is designed for domestic use.  So don't be fooled by the eBay claims.  

I did enjoy sewing with this 158.96.  It sings a little song as it stitches :........minimminimminimm  Maybe I will have to try to video it.

I made the bag to hold the machine.    It doesn't quite fit.

I guess I need to work on my design.  I can always make another..  I was using some upholstery samples  that I found at an auction.  Clearly those samples aren't big enough.  Next time I will piece some samples together.  But I think these were the only two canvas ones.......


1 comment: