We are due to renew our defensive driving course and Steven found one on line. Thinking that would be better than sitting through 6 hours of torture, I signed up. I had an awful time with the typing authentication. I finally got locked out for failing the typing test. I gave up and went out to the shop. This Featherweight was calling me back
I fiddled with the bobbin case base and was able to get the click click out of it. I also honed the looper. It had some pretty nasty needle gouges in it.
Ray said that you only have to worry about high spots. So I just sanded the looper and cleaned it off and put it back on the hook. This time I paid attention to how the hook goes on the shaft and got it right, the second time. Gee Whiz.....some things I just don't learn.
Since the hook was back on I decided to see how she ran......The motor was NOISY. Too noisy. So I decided to service it. I had taken the brushes out over the weekend and peered at the commutator through the brush tubes. I couldn't see much. I was dreading this task. But with that noise coming from the motor and the poor performance I knew I had to get the motor off the machine and get the armature out to clean it and the commutator.
Somehow a 221 adjuster's manual found itself on my work bench. The other night I reviewed the section on how to service the motor. It is not unlike the innards of a 201 motor so I figured I could do it.
First things first though. Get the motor off the machine. That is the next installment