Sunday, January 3, 2016


Oh dear.  I tried, I really did.  I thought that I could carry a theme across the quilt.  In one corner I had used the ruler to stitch an elliptic pattern.  I rather liked it.
Using the ruler, I recreated the pattern in the neighboring triangle, upside down.  Then I thought I would add some echoing and more curly Qs.  As I tried to make it look better, all I did was make it more hideous.  In the end it reminded me of one of the creatures in the bar in one of the Star Wars films.  The ones from forty years ago, not this past Christmas.

I vowed not to rip it all out but couldn't stop laughing every time I looked at it.  I might have to try to re-create it on a sample and hang it up in the studio.  Hideous, yes, but I would cast this creature as a benevolent intergalactic ally.  I might name him Bernie.
I spritzed the quilt and it is as good as new now.  OK, almost as good as new.  I certainly will be able to quilt over this with a different pattern.  Back to feathers, I think.

1 comment: