Thursday, June 15, 2017

NEIGHBORS

The new house is small.  Twelve hundred square feet and all on one floor.  There is an attached garage for a shop and a full basement for sewing.  True I won't have the full windows for daylight but all of my sewing and quilting work space will be in one area.  I won't have to trek outside to sew and upstairs to quilt.  Plus there will be a small area for tinkering.


 We have living neighbors as well who are very friendly and know our grandson.  There are other friends of the family who live on the other side of the cemetary. Ready made community.

Bonus, there is an apple tree on the property with different variety of apples grafted on to the same tree.  I will plant some berries, maybe take along some mock orange, and of course, the iris.

I was out in the shop the other day. I started crying. It's ok to grieve. I don't know when I will be back to sewing machine tinkering.  I know I will again.  Maybe as early as July.  Certainly not for the next two weeks.  Sigh. 

Today completed the 6th of 6 cycles of chemotherapy. The next few days will be hell and then I slowly come back to life.  In a month I go back for re-staging.  That's the scary part. 

One thing I do know, when I die my obituary will not read "She fought a courageous battle against lymphoma."  Not me.  I am a fucking coward.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see a post from you. I think of you often when I look at my blog reading list. Best wishes for adjustment to the new house and the life of being a patient for a while- none of us pick that but especially rotten for us health care workers, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. In my case I just don't know how to take care of myself. I just keep going. Once I am through this round, I promise I will sew or tinker.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Elizabeth, praying you get through these next days. There is a lot coming at you with health and moving. The new house looks lovely, both in location and structure. One day at a time. Wrap yourself up in a quilt and have a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pretty much know the drill by now. Hopefully this will do it. Right now I am snuggled with my Wrigley and the very first quilt I ever made. It is a quilt as you go log cabin. Picture later.

      Delete
  3. The new house looks awesome--the property is beautiful and your neighbors will no doubt be quiet ones. :-) Keep fighting the fight no matter how scared you feel. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Hoping you get back to your routine quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The young feminists say "Self Care Is Survival". After all these years, I've come to the conclusion that we don't fight cancer so much as we outlast cancer. Sending the good stuff your way as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our first house was less than 11oo square feet, but, it was arranged very well, and had lots of closet space. No basement. For 2 people, it looks like you have a great place. We had 4 in our space, and it worked well, but, I didn't sew back then. Good luck with the last chemo treatments, and, hopefully, you'll test clear. Just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sweetie, what a time you have having. Hugs from the UK. Your new house is so pretty. Take care. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter and her dh renovated a house maybe even smaller that has the most wonderful basement. I look at it with great envy wishing I had a sewing space like this. I'll bet you will love not running all over the place like I do now working on stuff. Keep fighting as we all want /need you to get well and send you healing vibes. The new place is great and you'll probably love it when you get to feeling better again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful new house in which to come back to life. Plus a garage and a basement! Wishing you a quick road back to health and tinkering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog looking for help in repairing my Kenmore 158.18033. I saw the posts about the machine and posted my own question.....then I came to the current posts. I'm so sorry to read about your difficult time and did not mean to add to your stress when I posted my question. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new home looks wonderful. My first impression was I bet there will be flowers and reading your post I see that you have some plans. I have found smaller places are great, cleaning less time. No place to pile too much stuff so clutter stays kinda in control and little things like that. I hope this finds you feeling better, you are often in my happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog while looking for resources to service my Singer 66-1 RedHead. As I continued reading your posts, they've take me from 2011/2012? to the present. My heart broke when I read of you diagnosis!! I'll pray for healing and positive results on the next round of test! I have enjoyed every post! We are kindred spirits regarding our political views and speaking our mind (even when it's not G-rated). I'm looking forward to your next post.
    -Bryce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts. Having cancer sucks but I have medical insurance, and money for co-pays and no one is shooting at me.

      Delete