Wednesday, January 18, 2017

OFF TOPIC (but very relevant to our times)


 I can't go.  DC is a bus ride away and there is a bus going.  I won't be on it.  Too many crowds, too much risk for EXPOSURE to infection.  The March falls on day 4 of my first cycle of therapy.  SIGH

I will attend our local event.  Women's rights are human rights.  I want to stand up  and join in the resistance.  What  is happening in our country is morally reprehensible.  This is no longer political.  This is not about ideology.  This is about saving our Republic: One Nation, Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for ALL.  ( Plege of allegience history)

For those reading this who want to read about sewing machines, likely I will get back to them, sometime.  After all I am addicted.

I don't want to run on and on here about my resistance journey and the little "l"  so I am starting a different blog.  Living with Lymphoma in the Time of Trump

In the meantime:
KEEP CALM and SEW ON.

Oh, and PS  I sewed on Sunday afternoon.  I sat at my beloved 201-1 and stitched away.  The butt is better and I could sit comfortably for the first time in 6 weeks.  Maybe tomorrow before therapy I can sew again.  I have missed it. 

10 comments:

  1. I can't go either (can't leave my husband alone, since he has frequent falls), but I knit a pink hat for my niece, who'll be marching in San Diego, so I'll be there in spirit, as you will. Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dot, your ENERGY will be there exuding from that hat. Thank you

      Delete
  2. Oh lymphoma! Oh no.
    Hats are going without me. I will do the last bit of the local Seattle march (I cannot do it all anymore)

    Be healthy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be going either - too far away. I won't be knitting a pink hat either. But I will stop at the fabric store and see if there's any pink fleece. Or flannel. Or fabric. I can at least wear the hat. And thank you for the poster, I saw a couple others this morning I wish I had saved. They were by the artist that did the Obama Hope poster, and will be printed in the NY Times soon.

    Wishing you well with the treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poster at the top should be a quilt pattern and entered in every show possible!!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went with my GF, knowing we were supporting many other's who couldn't. We were at Independence and 4th. Had NO idea the entire route was jammed. 90 min for the bathroom line, but was very, very calm. I made fleece hats, but GFs sister and friend, who were on a plane full picture that went viral, knitted hats on the way out.

    We are united. Yes, he's the president, "but" when the majority didn't vote for him, and the Electoral College was only won by 1.2%, we should be heard too.

    ReplyDelete