I admit it. I should have just thrown the old Singer box away. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It is a pretty nice size and I thought, what the heck. I will kill two birds with one stone. I will use up some fabric that I "rescued" from Betsy's yard sale a couple of years ago and I will preserve the box. Oh wait ! I will also have a cozy case for one of my orphan Kenmores.
I have a very nice 158.1931 with a box full of attachments. I was playing with it not too long ago and wondered where the attachments were. I found them without too much effort (would that the Singer 500 hook would show up that easily). However, it did flip me out a bit that the attachments had been separated from the machine. I hate that.
I thought that I could make this "case" large enough to house the machine and the attachments. Truth: I made it too big and THEN thought that I could house all the stuff together. I thought it was a brilliant solution to a mistake.
I figured I would line the box with some of the denim
It took me some time to figure out the design. I am a trial and error kind of crazy, whacko, nut job. I figured it out and the project was a good distraction from winter. Oh, I didn't spend the whole of two days on this job. I did other things. I cleared the walk of three inches of packed snow. I walked the dogs for the first time in a month. I cleaned up dog shit. I did some laundry. I kept the fire going. But I did not do any other sewing until I finally finished this thing this morning.
I snugged the machine in the box.