Friday, October 14, 2016

It's the Little Things

For some reason I decided to put this Necchi in the treadle stand.  The challenge: hinge pin holes were larger on the Singer than on the Necchi by about 1/16th of an inch.

I got out the chisel and the drill, made room on the stand for the Necchi hinge pins and voila.

Big problem.  The treadle stand is O L D.  There isn't enough wood to hold the hinge pins to my satisfaction.  I guess the time has come to design a new top for the treadle stand.

I have several machines that I like to treadle: the 201, the 15 90, the 237, all Singers.  I would love to get the Brother to fit, too.
I would love a large smooth top with an area just to my left that will support large projects.  I am sure it can be built.  I know just the person to do it.  For now, though, I will be happy to play with the Necchi.  It is very smooth and quiet, making sewing a true pleasure.  It's the little things.

3 comments:

  1. That Necchi looks like a sturdy machine. I don't see them in my area (Nova Scotia Canada). Not sure why.I love the little statements you make in your photos. Keep it up.
    Bev in NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.mckennalinn.com/sewing-machine-how-tos/drilling-necchi-hinge-pin-h.html

    She's terrific.

    ReplyDelete