Over and over and over and over and over and over. Some looked good. Some looked like crap.
Since I had some nice blank space in the middle of the practice quilt, I decided to just go for it.
As you can see, I improved with each one. The final feather I did not sketch out first.
|feathers 1-4 starting at the top left and moving clockwise around|
After I had completed feathers 3 and 4 I went back and tried to fix feather 2. I would not say I fixed it.
But I did have some fun trying out the pebbles again.
I decided against filling in the "stem." I could always use the practice but wasn't in the mood for more pebbles.
I do find the first one or two "feathers" off of the stem challenging.
I do think that sketching first helps
Actually I am pleased with the results. I guess all that time with the odor free, dry erase pens and the white board helped. Thank goodness the pens were odor free. I have smelled the original dry erase pens. They aren't as bad as acetone, but close.
No photos of the ruler work. It is hard to see anything on that print. I reckon that the next practice quilt will have to be solid. I am not going to piece one, though. Not for practice.