The last time I ran out of bobbin thread I decided to clean the darn thing. I always clean the hook, the race and the bobbin case with each bobbin change. It is a class 15 machine so I replace bobbins about every time I wind the quilt onto the take up bar. Or more often.
This time I took the cover off of the gears and oiled the shaft behind the gears. The cover comes right off. See photo below.
I oiled and cleaned the shuttle driver shaft. I just flushed it with oil, ran the machine and wiped away the spewed off dirt. The second time I did it I found this.
The shuttle driver is clean now. I flushed some more Tri-flow through there, ran the machine and wiped the spew until the Q tips were no longer dirty.
The Bailey needs a permanent home. I have no room for the Behemoth anywhere in the house. OK, it will fit in the living room but that would require moving the TV and the couch and a chair. I am willing. I think Steven might be, but I haven't suggested it. For now it is in the guest apartment. Next time I need to move it for company I may have to reconsider.
I found these magnets amidst the South River Parts stash. I have found a good use for them, I think.