Thursday, March 21, 2024

I did it again

 

I am not fond of this flimsy. I bought it when visiting Asheville, NC at Asheville Cotton Company. The panel caught my eye and it was on sale. So I bought eight, because I couldn't buy seven. I should hae cut the strips smaller so that the hexagons would be smaller. I didn't. I struggled with the layout, I couldn't fit the panel in the center without adding back some of the border. I didn't give up. I persisted. I call this quilt my Elizabeth Warren quilt. 

The flimsy is 46 long by 48 wide. I had some leftover batting to use up. When I got far enough into the quilting, it was time to add the batting. Usually I like to sew batting together with a zig zag. My Kenmore 1158-1814 is not sewing well. It bunches the batting as I sew. 

I lined up the batting pieces, overlapping the edges. I drew a cutting line and then cut the two pieces. 





Then I smoothed out the batting and went back to quilting. 
It will work. I think the bobbin tension is too tight in the 1814. I'll mess with that and update you all. 

I know that my previous post showed this same technique in an abbreviated form. Just thought some of you might appreciate the step by step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment