Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sewing Inside and Outside

It was absolutely heavenly to get up this morning, have coffee and sit down at the sewing machine.  I loved it.  My little inside sewing space is pretty compact but it is quite functional.  At least for sewing an apron. 

I can use the top of  bench behind the table for storage.  I wish I could use the actual bench, for it is a storage area, but the little furry rodents live in there too........ick.

I just had a brilliant idea.  I think I will make a Big Board, the width  of the top of the table plus the gap behind the table.  It will give me more work room.  The table is the perfect height for working. 

There isn't much room to pass through between the table and the sewing leaf extension.  We still have some wood on the front porch so traffic through there is necessary.  Sort of.  I am of the mind that it would be perfectly FINE to fetch wood from the wood shed.  Steven is of a different mind. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Gram Parsons on Pandora Radio, a cozy fire, three dogs and an errant sock. 

I did have to keep running out the to Sewing Loft to fetch supplies, however.  First trip I decided to light a fire out there and warm it up so that, once I finished the apron, I could go out and organize the loft.

I finally made it out there by 3 PM.  Wilson is not sure what to think.


He finally decided to relax and join Frannie on the bed.
I had hoped to make some true progress and get this place organized.  Too much stuff.  Instead I finished a draw string bag I had put aside months ago because I needed to alter it and I made a pad for the inside sewing space.  I organized my needles and the attachments for the Kenmore 158.1760.  Mostly I just loved being out there.  It was pretty cozy with the fire burning. I love looking out through the big sliding glass doors.  So much glass is a significant heat loss, but so worth it.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    I love your dogs, the new inside sewing place, the loft craft room, the photo of you modeling your apron and of course your gorgeous collection of sewing machines. I envy all your natural light. It is such fun to see other people's sewing places. It seems that most people with a collection of sewing machines also have pets. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy. Yes! I noticed that about sewing machines and pets, too. Oh the inside space is so nice. I can sew whenever I want.....like tonight...

      Delete
  2. I have to ask, where can I find a sewing table like yours?? I don't have a lot of space and I love the idea of a folding leaf and a hidden chair! That would totally fix my problems! Just love it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a Singer Number 42 cabinet. Art Deco. It came with the 201-2 and 15-91. Look on your local Craig's list.

      Delete