Sometimes I spin my wheels and get nothing done. Today was not one of those days. I did a lot. After I ran to the PO, I came home and set about organizing the shop. I rinsed the empty tool bin drawers that were stored in a big cardboard box for months. They were pretty dirty. Someone I know will be pleased. I used warm water and Diswasher rinse aid so that they would dry more quickly. Who knows if they did or not. I was distracted next by sorting through some more of the South River Stuff.
What do you suppose this is? Steven thinks it is some sort of medieval torture device.
I culled and sorted and threw away some stuff. Rusty bobbins, broken bobbin cases, other miscellaneous mysterious stuff.
I found this Singer motor and foot control combo. I don't really understand this set up. There seems to be a power cord but there is also a receptacle for a power cord in the motor. I threw it in the trash and then retrieved it. Maybe it works. I wonder if anyone would buy it on eBay?
I put the clean bins away next. That meant moving some of the full bins. I have a lot of industrial parts. I found some bobbin cases which I think might fit the 206 etc series. I found some class 15 bobbin cases too. I found some hooks. I found some needle bars I found some antique machine parts and I found these:
As part of my attempt to clear out stuff in the sewing loft, I pieced some scraps together for a practice quilt for the quilt frame this past week. I was surprised at how much fabric I had stored in those little, plastic bins! Somehow I managed to create a quilt top 68 X 74. The only rule I followed: if it was on the cutting table, it went into the quilt top. I finished piecing it on Friday afternoon and set it up on the frame last evening. Today I took my first pass. I am using light colored thread so that I can inspect my stitches and see how I do with my design. I have been practicing feathers and spirals. I feel quite comfortable with meandering. I have to say that I am pleased with the results. No real need to tweak tension at all. I managed to make the first pass down the quilt without jamming the needle or breaking thread.
After supper (the dog's not mine, I had no time for food) I went back to the loft and started another practice quilt piecing project. This time with greens. Now it is time for knitting and Season One of Cheers.