Friday, February 4, 2022

Zippered Pouch

 I have an abundance of fabric scraps.  It seriously pains me to throw away fabric. I remember visiting a friend who did home decor and she threw away scraps that were huge! I mean three inches by thirty inches. WTAF?

Consequently I have bins of fabric scraps. Admittedly, I get anxious when I look at all these scraps. I am approaching my eighth decade (that means that I am almost 70) and I don't exercise daily. You figure it out.  I simply cannot bring myself to discard perfectly good fabric that I paid 7 dollars a yard for. Yes, my fabric scraps are that old. There are others that are much more pricey, so there is NFW they are going into the bin. 

Today I pressed and cut some 1 1/4 inch strips. Alternating dark and light appeals to me. I had an abundance of dark and not so much light. I dug out some lights, cut them into strips and proceeded to QAYG (Quilt AS You Go) a couple of zipper pouches.

I finished one. We got ten inches of snow last night and I had to clear the deck and the gate. Steven ran the snow blower and cleared the drive. I snowshoed (that is one weird looking word) a path around the yard so the dogs could pee and poop. 

At this rate, if all I did was make QAYG zipper pouches I could stay busy for the rest of my life. I have that much fabric. 

It might be time to destash. 


3 comments:

  1. This is a seriously good use for narrow strips. I do not currently have that much in the realm of scrap strips (about one box, maybe a cubic foot or so) but they are being saved for future use. Pouches are just a perfect end product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO GLAD you're posting again! I just simply enjoy your style and wit. -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so nice to see you back, I've missed you. I so enjoy your posts and the beautiful thing you make. And your sewing machine obsession is perfect! Be well.

    ReplyDelete