Tuesday, January 18, 2022

You'd better Clean this up, Grammy

 Three and Seven were here with their parents for the recent Christian holiday. I worked as hard as I could to get the house ready for them. That meant the basement, and my sewing space there, became the repository of all the clutter we live with day to day.   My sewing space tends to be messy anyway because I did not inherit the tidy gene. My sister did. She hated it when we had to share a room in our formative years. I try, sometimes, to put stuff away. I just don't have the talent. 

Three asked to go to the basement the second day they were here.  I'm not sure why she wanted to go down, but what kind of Grammy would I be to say no?

She silently wandered around the studio for a few minutes. Then she said, "You'd better clean this up, Grammy" and went back upstairs. 





4 comments:

  1. Pardon me, but I don't think this looks messy. It looks like someone creative uses this space and this is how she uses her space! I wish my sewing room was this tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your posting again I love seeing all your machines and your works!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, what do kids know, anyway? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so pleased to read this post & see your sewing space. Thank you! It drives me barmy to see all those posts & videos about people's beautiful sewing spaces. Crumbs it gives me the creeps, it's the feeling I get when I see show houses or visit friends who have inherited the tidy gene!

    Now one of the plus sides of Covid is that hardly anyone visits me, just my son & daughter & they're used to my clutter. Places that have nothing lying about are not homes!

    ReplyDelete