Saturday, April 9, 2016

BLOCK OF THE MONTH

Well over a year ago I signed up for a Block of the Month class.  I made it to one class, maybe two.  Over this winter I would peck away at the project.  I completed the last block today.  Yesterday I set up the design wall to audition the blocks.  (that is a pull string in front of the star on the left)
I had just enough background fabric for the setting triangles.  The pattern calls for an additional 2 inch border all the way around cut from the same fabric.  Since I won't have that I may just go with a dark, narrow border.  Then light, then the flowery focus fabric, then light then ON THE FRAME!

I have completed two columns.  I just don't have a photo to show you.

That Rose Wreath block in the middle was laborious.  I switched out the 201 for the 237 so that I could Zig Zag around the applique.  (I am not a fan of applique)

Boy is that a quiet machine. It treadles beautifully, never spinning backward. It makes a decent straight stitch but I switched back to the 201 just for consistency.  

Steven worked on cleaning his shop today.  I have to get out to mine.  He said as much





4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of appliqué either, but yours is looking great! I miss my treadle :( Surgery on my back is still healing and I'm not ready for the treadle yet, but will be soon! Until then, I am loving my 201K-3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! My 201 treadle started life as a 201-3.

      Delete
  2. I had that machine (the 237) briefly. I gave it away to one of my client's family who were fighting with a new-from-Walmart Singer to make a rain cape for a wheelchair and passenger. I regret it sometimes because I've never seen any evidence of them using it since and it was a sweet little machine. If they ever do I'm confident it will handle heavy cloth and straps and it's simple to figure out. Meantime, I probably have enough machines and more are bound to come along. That long arm is a great motivator for you, isn't it? Got to have tops to put on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that 237, but as the DH says "HOney, you love them all." That isn't exactly true. There was this Kenmore once.......

      Delete