Tuesday, December 30, 2014

FOR SALE: Bailey Home Quilter 17 Pro SOLD








After spending the day with The Bailey on Sunday, I decided it was ready for a new home.  It is working well, I enjoyed using it but I need a bit more speed. I also need more practice without the stitch regulator. I found a low shank hopping foot and I am planning to play with that later this week. 

I loaded the OBW onto the frame, this time using pins rather than chain stitching the quilt to the leaders  The OBW is 50 by 60.  I thought it would load rather quickly.  It did, but I had to re-pin it because I didn’t pin the back on straight.  I also raked my right ring finger on one of the pins and left a bit of DNA on the quilt.  Sigh.

It is a great starter system.  I am including the Grace GMQ Pro frame with the machine.  It is a freebie, more or less.  I would prefer local pick up, but am willing to ship the machine (not the frame)  to the lower 48 states for shipping costs alone. 

Contact me via the Contact info at the top of the page. 

4 comments:

  1. I started my little quiltmaking business with a Bailey's machine! It was a smaller one and I quickly outgrew it, but I certainly appreciate it's impact on helping me get started with quiltmaking as a business and longarm quilting in general. This makes me feel all nostalgic and reminds me how far I've come in the last five years! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice machine. I love it's song. I also like the fact that it takes regular sewing machine needles and class 15 bobbins.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could afford it. I had a lesson on a long arm, several years ago. I can't FMQ on a regular machine (too much quilt to move around for me), but, I did pretty well moving the machine instead of the quilt. One of these days..... when the boys college is paid off.

    ReplyDelete