Friday, June 7, 2013

More Sewing

After lunch I set to work on making a new purse.  My intention is  to make one with some of the leather that I bought in North Carolina last winter.  I have some red, some black, some green and some tan.  I don't have enough of any one color to make it monochromatic.  I will have to piece it.

I have made about four of this particular bag.  I made the last one about 6 months ago.  It was a Christmas present for a friend.  I delivered it yesterday.  Yes, I am the President of the WPC (Westford Procrastinator's Club).  I keep meaning to call a meeting I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I found my notes, which was a veritable miracle.
But I could not make sense of them.  I decided that the best thing to do was just cut out the pieces and see if I could remember what I was thinking.  I chose to use fabric instead of leather this time since I had to "re-invent the wheel."

I took better notes this time as I went along.  I did forget to make the inside pockets.  DARN.  I love those pockets.  I could have added them when I realized my mistake, but it would have been a hassle.  Instead I decided I would make a purse organizer.   I remember seeing a pattern somewhere.  Here. http://www.domestic-divaonline.com/Site_1/basic-purse-organizer.html

All in all I am happy to have a new purse.  Now I can figure out how to make one with leather.  Ooohh LaLa.




2 comments:

  1. Love the purse- simple, great fabric choice, uncluttered looking. You should take photos of the steps like for a tutorial so you can just follow along when you sew the good leather and so maybe you can show how you did it. You take such wonderful clear photos, no worries than about notes.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take a few photos, Linda. Then I got absorbed in the process and forgot about the camera. I also made adjustments to the pattern. If I make the leather one real soon, I won't have to rely too much on notes. My memory might serve me well. But if I wait too long, I will need the photos AND the notes. HAH

      Delete