Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fiddling around

When I took the hand wheel off to fix  the bobbin winder, I had to loosen the motor.  This morning, after I lit the fire in the Hearthstone I fiddled with the hand wheel and put it all back together and did not tighten the motor.  I forgot.  No noise.  So then I tightened the motor and the noise returned.  I fiddled with the motor and all is quiet now.  The fix was to fiddle.  

One thing I have learned when working on sewing machines.  You just can't be afraid to fiddle. 

1 comment:

  1. That is SEW TRUE!!!! Congratulations!!! I usually turn the machine to bobbin winding mode, or take off the belt and 'hit the gas' and just let it go for a minute or so...or four or five. You'd be surprise at what 'flies out' sometimes, but it always makes the motors run faster and cleaner. Good job on 'fiddlin'!

    ReplyDelete