Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I did it again

Singer 201-2 Centennial 

Steven cut me some "stock" today for my bases.  I made this one all by myself.  It is not as slick as the one he made.  But I will get there.  I can sand it and paint it and that will cover up the mistakes.  How often have I heard "Putty and paint make the carpenter a saint"?    or "We're not building pianos here.."

Still I think this machine looks more handsome with a base.   I think that this machine was used in the schools  There are about three or four sets of initials on the machine bed.. It probably will affect the value... but it is rather touching...thinking about young love and high school crushes....

I have not put bottoms on the bases.  I could but that is another step.  Since my goal is to provide bases only, not cases, I figure bottoms aren't crucial.  I might do it ...Maybe Steven will show me how to use his finish nailer...oh boy another tool...

1 comment:

  1. This is MY machine....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete