Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kenmore 158.84

Just before the year turned into 2011, I went to Western Mass to look at a Singer 319K.  I came home with it and this Kenmore.  The machine had not seen much use; it was pretty clean and shiny.   No foot came along, so I found one for it and tried her out.  I was pretty pleased with the stitch.  BUT  there is a broken cam inside. It will stitch a ss and a zz but the cams won't work in it.  Still it makes a pretty good stitch so I felt ok about the machine (I gave very little for it).  There was a "lot" of parts for this very machine on eBay and I was the lucky "winner."  When the package came, lo and behold, there was the part that I need.  So, this machine is going with me to the Ray White class in Ithaca in November.  Won't that be fun? 


2 comments:

  1. This looks like my machine's sister. It's an excellent machine but I took off that front plate (mistake) when I was cleaning it and unhooked something so the button knob and zig zag don't move the needle! Yikes! Help!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did that when I first got this machine. I wish I could remember what I did to fix it. All I remember is that I knew I had done something really catastrophic and kept muttering "Oh no , Oh No.." I finally, miraculously got it back together. Then I named the machine Yoko.

      Delete